Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A couple of my favorite "Griffin-isms"


Most of you know that Griffin gets speech therapy and was a late talker. Well, after our trip to NJ in June, his words just started taking off! We're really excited and he makes us laugh at least once daily (he also makes us want to pull our hair out, but...). Here are a couple of my recent faves...

On Saturday, Griffin and I were driving to see Aggie and Grandpa (my parents)...
G: "Knock Knock"
Me: (thinking he doesn't know what he's saying) "Who's there?"
G: "Aggie"
Me: "Aggie who?"
G: "Aggie-poo!" 
He proceeded to crack up laughing!

Tonight, I was pulling out some clothes for this fall and winter (that I bought last winter). Griffin saw a red vest he really liked and I told him he could wear it on our trip to Colorado. Well, he put the vest on and said, "Okay, Mommy, go to Colorado!"

9/24/08 Today I picked Griffin up at Co-op and told him that Grandpa was coming over for dinner. He said, "I'm so lucky!"

9/26/08 Griffin mentioned Colorado at least three times everyday! We are both so excited for our big trip! Whenever we ask where he's going he says, "To Ca-rado. I'm so lucky!" And whenever someone asks when, he says, "In two weeks!" (even on the morning of the trip!)

10/18/08 We went to the state fair where Griffin loved riding the Dragon (technically a Cobra). He rode twice with Danny and, after the second ride, he said, "Daddy, I go again...by MY SELF!" (and pointed at himself!)

10/19/08 This morning I was getting Griffin dressed and he put his underwear on his head. I said, "You're silly! Underwear doesn't go on your head, where does it go?" He responded, "On my penis!"

3 comments:

Amanda Fullerton said...

What a cutie pie! I love hearing "Griffin-isms" I'm glad that his speech has really taken off since June. That's wonderful news!

LAA said...

I wonder if spending so much time with his favorite auntie had anything to do with that? Or maybe his favorite pooch Thor? I love you guys!

TheWilderBunch said...

LOVE the long phrases Griffin is using! I miss him. He always made me laugh. I'm so glad to hear speech is going well. Give him xoxox for me!