It was inevitable, as much as I tried, as hard as I tried, Griffin had to grow up. So, 18 days after his fifth birthday, he started Kindergarten.
We went to bed last night after reading, "Kindergarten Rocks." Well, it didn't work. G was not excited and said, "I don't want to go to school. That's not my school." Uh oh!
Thankfully, when I woke him up with breakfast in bed (I know, how indulgent!), his tune had changed. Sleep is an amazingly wonderful thing. He was ready to go!

So I did cry a little bit...mostly when packing his lunch. It felt so final...there's no turning back once you start the big "K." Well, unless he becomes a drop out.

He was proud of his new duds, backpack and lunchbox!


And almost didn't have time for a picture with Mommy. Doesn't this boy know how he breaks my heart?!
It was a rainy day so we didn't get a picture in front of the school sign. But my boy's mood surpassed the rain...ain't nothin' gonna keep him down :)

and G remember his classroom from Open House on Monday (we were impressed...it probably doesn't take much)


On his way...(I love the classic "from the back" shot)
Quick stop by the cafeteria...just to check it out (that's his "I'm nervous, but trying to act big" smile)

All in all it was an easy milestone (well, easy for G, not for me). We are so proud of Griffin and excited to see what the future holds for him. Any guesses?!
2 comments:
YAY Griffin! Nice work. And congrats to Stacey for not having to be dragged kicking and screaming from G's classroom. :)
yay yay yay yay yay! Wait...does this mean my kids are going to grow up and go to Kindergarden, too?!? hold on a second...
Katie
Post a Comment