Well, it happened, Griffin turned three. And, not without a fair amount of fanfare! We started at IHOP for Griffin's favorite meal of the day where he had the "Rooty Tooty Jr."
Then, Mommy and Daddy brought "worm" and "dirt" cupcakes to Co-op for all Griffin's friends. Everyone sang "happy birthday" (this was the second time for the day) and Griffin LOVED it! A few of the kids were a little leery about eating worms...really, they didn't eat them, but others were a bit more brave!
After co-op, we all headed to the land of sensory overload...Celebration Station. We spent our tokens quickly (Mommy rocked skee ball) and headed out (at Griffin's request) to NY Deli for dinner.
FINALLY, we made it home for presents and cake. So, I made the cake. It's a cake for a three year old...'nuff said. We sang happy birthday (again...#3) and then Griffin wanted us to sing three more times. WHEW!
Now, for those people who know Griffin well, you know that he NEVER plays with toys. When people ask what Griffin likes to play with, our response (without hesitation) is "the garbage." So, when we found a garbage truck at Target a while ago, we knew we HAD to get it (along with a fire truck). Well, it was a HUGE hit! Griffin loves his new garbage truck (and the fire truck ain't too bad either...). He actually played with it for at least 45 minutes. He also really loved his very own digital camera (insert someone saying, "When I was a kid...")...
Needless to say, after a long day, our three year old is all tuckered out...being the center of attention can get exhausting!!
(**I'm trying to figure out how to embed the pictures in the text not just in the beginning and end!**)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday GIGI!!! I hope you love your camera. I love you. Can't believe you are 3! What a big boy!!!
Happy Birthday big man! I cannot believe how much of a great balance there is of the two of you in him. He is so precious. I always love me some Griffin pictures!!!
And to embed the photos, you just have to click and drag them where you want them after you add them. :)
Happy Birthday Griffin! I wish we could have been there to celebrate!
I love the new blog!
He is PRECIOUS, Stacey! Happy Birthday!
Sounds like Griffin had a great 3rd birthday! Stacey, you made a masterpiece of a birthday cake (so creative)
Post a Comment